A


Amy


Amy Krouse Rosenthal wrote the book that inspired this blogging challenge, so I think it’s fair to give her a shout out. I’m now signed up for her blog missions, and I'm excited about that. Good Pal Menosky is also responsible for our challenge since she gave me the book in the first place, probably knowing that it would lead to something.


One of my all time favorite sections of Amy’s book is the entry called Change. She left spare change on the ground with a note, every week for a year. And she got some mail from people telling her what they did with the change. What a neat way to connect with people. On Twitter, she invited librarians at the ALA conference to meet up with her to jump on her hotel room bed. Stuff like that is fun and funky.


Maybe I’ll do something of this ilk some day.

Maybe today?

Okay, here goes.

If you comment on this A blog entry with your own A entry, I’ll send you a cool post card of this cool town. You have to give me your address tho. So just email it to me if you don’t wanna leave it on the blog. heffernan.lee@gmail.com

p.s. I'll also send post cards to the july blogging challenge bloggers because I'm excited we're doing this together.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Anatole.
Delicious Turkish Cuisine, I've been told.
Am meeting you there in a half hour. I am liking the challenge, and the A came right to me. Did you pick this place on purpose? It worked out perfectly!
N
LH said…
My first time there. It's perfect that we made this decision on A day. Not on purpose! C U in 10.
marion said…
How's this for a first effort? Attitudes are always adjustable as we AGE.
KC said…
This is really impressive work. By you and by the commenters.

I'm going to do my blog now.
LH said…
Well done, Mar! I will read this to Husbandman!
Yay, Kace. Can't wait for A!
Anonymous said…
A. Ankara. In keeping with your Turkish food, and because, as an old person, I've been thinking about my life, I choose Ankara. When I went to teach for the USAF back in the early 60's, Ankara was my first assignment. I could write a whole book on that experience.

D/
jdoc said…
Awesome. That's what I think of this blogging challenge so far.
Anonymous said…
I was at Anatole on Wednesday for a late lunch. I love their white bean soup and then a side of rice with yogurt sauce.
jw
Anonymous said…
All i cAn think of is this indefinte Article:
a

-michael s.
Anonymous said…
A is for Asinine.

I know I'm getting a bit of a late start on the blogging challenge, but I agonized for a day or two over whether or not I should post this particular topic.

Asinine has to do with the e-mail received just as I was leaving the office on Thursday evening. An unfortunately typical one from the "dude" I fear is next in line to become president of the company I work for. In four sentences, there were no fewer than 8 spelling and grammar errors. I might have been willing to overlook them, but the whole thing was virtually incomprehensible. And it wasn't the spelling and grammar errors that made it that way. Sigh.

mem in ca

Now send me my postcard...
LH said…
Okay, I've procured the post cards. Step one is done.

Popular Posts