X



Xanthippe
I’ve gotten in to some bad habits this past year, habits I’ve tried to break during our glorious summer.  By the end of the day during the school year, I would come home as what can only be described as an ill tempered woman.  I would head to bed instantly and seclude myself there for several hours. My family was fine with this, since they had little inclination to be around me acting like a Xanthippe.  Sadly, I fell right back into my Xanthippe role this afternoon.  After working 9 to 5, unpacking boxes at the compound, I was really feeling unpleasant on arrival home and I headed straight upstairs and watched Challenge Day on MTV. (This is a pretty sad show, btw).  Luckily, I've pulled myself out of my funk and I'm back downstairs, with the fam.


I desire to be a cheerful exuberant person for my fam and for myself, but I’m not feeling it after I work.  I truly fear that my job may be sucking the life force out of me. I don't blame my job, I blame my lack of perspective.  I need to gain perspective on work.  This is my great struggle.  I'm working on it.

Comments

LH said…
Update: Feeling much better after watching a bunch of Matt Damon videos on You Tube. I linked one to this post. So check it out.

I'm going to be AOK.
LH said…
Another X I was going to write about was Xel Ha, a Yucatan attraction that's very wonderful.
LH said…
I'm kind of bored, so I'm just going to comment on my own blog entry a bunch of times.
Anonymous said…
Bored? You should have called me. We just came back from a lovely walk around campus. Perspective you need, my friend. Maybe I will just have to start dragging you out of that place and get you back on track so the life isn't sucked out of you.

X-xerox. I will be doing this task again once school starts. Our machines always are on the blink though, so it can be tricky. It's not a favorite task of mine. I tend to start things, leave the machine, and come back to a jammed machine and my papers not ready.
N
Anonymous said…
I have a friend who had a cat named Xanthippe. Looked a lot like this one. Weird.
jw
LH said…
N, I hate xeroxing so much. but i'm working on perspective.

J, that is kind of weird. I do like this cat photo.
mm said…
1) Cat is beautiful.
2) Matt Damon is beautiful.
3) I ♥ Kiva.org.
4) I ♥ Matt Damon.
KC said…
I also love Matt Damon. I have loved him for so many years. I'll watch this vid pronto.

I had problems with crankiness at/after work, which is why I had the "bright light" and "b.y.e." philosophies. They actually worked.
LH said…
Hi MM, I'm going to explore Kiva micro credit. I've wanted to for a long time.

And Kace, I have to come up with a philosophy. I'll develop this before school starts.
jdoc said…
I could have used a good philosophy this week. I'm a crab at the end of these teaching days. I don't think I used to be that way. But I was single back then and didn't have to try to be nice to my husband. Or anyone. Maybe that was the difference.
LH said…
I think my philosophy's going to be to have an hour to myself to chillax a bit before re-entry into the familial sphere. And I'm also going to ignore some of my obsessive thinking. Let's see how long this will last.

Popular Posts