every day after school and came to have my own favorites, including Squirtle and Bulbasaur. Sadly, I had to put the kibosh on the whole shebang of Pokemon at the school site by announcing to the Thirdlanders that Pokemon is now banned. They weren't surprised. The trading had reached a feverish pitch and even they could see that they needed someone to step in and get control of the situation. These kids were trading like they worked on Wall Street. Recess became a hyped up Let's Make a Deal show.
Don't worry about the ban. They'll get in to something new soon, and after awhile, they'll start wreaking havoc with it. That's just how we roll. In Thirdland.
Sunday, September 17, 2017
|Photo Credit: Heinemann|
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
book on Friday morning. Funnest time ever. We saw U2 on Sunday night and that also was the funnest time ever. And C., I took these photos of the mysterious green heron a few weeks ago. Life's just rolling along and I'm basically just singing my song.
Tuesday, September 05, 2017
together to write the ILA proposal, so that's good.
Frankly, I'm irked, but I know things could be worse and I should just be happy that I didn't have to write sub plans for this illness which I'm calling Fatty Fatigue Syndrome. I hope you don't get it, because it really knocks you OUT.
Still feeling punky, to tell you the truth, but I'm heading in to teach because I'm teachering up and that's how we roll.
My weekend was not the bee's knees. It was just the bees.
Friday, September 01, 2017
Recap of the week's highlights, in a bulleted list.
- Open House went well. I talked with most parents about our tarantula. I enjoyed that.
- Katie Wood Ray agreed to present with me at ILA next summer. I started working on the proposal this week.
- A copy of Back and Forth arrived at the house. To be honest, I'm in love with it.
- Judith gave me a cupcake.
- My gentle yoga class was effective at calming both my mind and my body.
- The Thirdlanders are making some awesome creations at our Well, well, well inquiry centers.