F

Finches, Zebra

I used to have zebra finches. They were great pets. Sweet and sociable. Whenever one finch died I would usually go out and buy the survivor a new pal because of my sympathetic nature. So the finches were part of my life for a way long time. Until one day I decided I didn’t want to have finches any more. I didn’t buy a replacement finch when the penultimate finch died. That poor last finch got a beak problem where his beak grew too long. I brought him to the vet and the vet decided to shave his beak. During the shaving, my finch died. The vet said, “It just died.” As I was leaving with my empty cage, the receptionist said, “That’s going to be 7.95.” I was dumbfounded. I paid, but it seemed so unfair to pay someone to kill my pet. I was forlorn and furious all at once.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I remember that finch. So sad.
jw
Anonymous said…
I had forgotten about those finches. They were fun pets.
F-friends and Friday-on-the-deck
I love hanging out with my friends. I especially love Friday-on-the-deck and hanging with my pals there.
N
Anonymous said…
Finch. Forlorn. Furious. I never did like the letter F.
Did you find your camera?
Are you going to WLU?
I have a very colorful "chest."

D/
mh said…
This is a very sad tale about your last finch. Somehow I think the vet was responsible for his demise. This makes me think of the old Monty Python skit about the parrot- do you remember that one?
F- frolick! Sometimes I wish I could be more like my dog and spend more time just "in the moment" playing and frolicking. I try to at least do this on the weekends, but these days I feel like I'm working too much.

N., I agree with everything you said about FOTD and friends!
Rachel said…
Effing vet, that's what I say.

Popular Posts