D

Danger

At the end of the greatest grandest 4th of July party ever, we all huddled together on the deck, waiting for the big backyard fireworks show. I’ve always left pyrotechnics to professionals, so I was curious about the long row of cylinders and rectangular prisms that stretched across the backyard. To my amazement, those fireworks created a most stunning show directly overhead. The fireworks were so close that I had some nervousness during the show, anticipating possible danger. Sure enough, during the grand finale, fireworks started shooting toward the deck in random fashion. Using primal instinct, I dashed into the home but other less fortunates did incur some injuries. GPM was hit in the chest with shrapnel. D lost some hair from burning ember. F had a burn on his neck for which he later requested “some type of cream.” The paper tablecloth was on fire. An exciting end to a fun lake side evening. But maybe we won’t try this at home again any time soon. At least til next year?

Comments

jdoc said…
This has been my worst fear since I was a child hiding in the house while everyone else set off fireworks. The memory of this fear came back last night. I resisted the urge to run, but the urge never went away.
KC said…
LOL, but this does sound very scary. Last year, I ran inside with Mac because I feared something similar.

I don't actually like fireworks that much. Dan says I don't like fun.
Anonymous said…
You had your party on the 3rd? It's too early for it to be dark yet on the 4th. Perhaps that's why there were problems?

mem in ca
Anonymous said…
Follow-up: One very sore (ahem) chest, two quarter sized burn holes in the back of a head, and a neck burn that was looked at in the hospital.
Am emailing a photo of the actual rocket attack as experienced by my now sore (ahem) chest.
D/
Anonymous said…
D-Don't know.
I don't know what to say. Did not eat at any 'D' eatery. Did have a delicious BBQ with pals. Did walk/run today. Do have to start thinking about upcoming trip. Don't want to think about school supplies at Target.
N
Anonymous said…
omgosh. This is scary. We were at French Lick and enjoyed a spectacular fire works display from afar.
jw

Popular Posts