C

Camera

I’m in a wee bit of a quandary right now because I’ve lost my camera. I’ve loved that thing since the first moment GPMenosky gave it to me years ago. I would actually marry the thing if I weren’t already betrothed to Husbandman.

The camera’s always with me and taking pictures is not just a favorite thing to do, it’s something I feel a real need to do every few days. I don’t see myself as a photographer, but the camera is tied into my blogging, and if I don’t have a stash of newish photos saved up, I don’t feel able to blog. And when I'm not able to blog, my days don't really go right.

I’m signed up for Amy Rosenthal’s latest email challenge. She has invited followers to take pix of fireworks and send them to her. Then she’ll make a slideshow of all our photos. She’s really nice to do this I think. I have a backup camera I’m using right now, so I hope GPM can give me some tips on firework photography. Cross your fingers for me and please pray to St. Anthony.

Comments

KC said…
I'll do it! I will pray to St. Anthony.

I want to sign up for Amy Rosenthal web things, too.

Favor: could you please pray to St. Joseph re: our house? We almost found buyers, but they decided that the work they wanted to do on our glorious home would cost $180K. I do not understand that.
Anonymous said…
If you're using a Nikon, which is what the lost one is, simply go to the menu, and set it for fireworks. The camera takes over. No zooming, no nothing. Just point and shoot and it works.
If the one you're using is not a Nikon, I will let you use my little swivel Nikon if you promise not to lose or destroy it. I have a newer one - purchased for the "camping" trip.
See you there.
D/
Anonymous said…
When my brother, whose name is Joseph, tried to sell his house a year or so ago, he did the usual St. Joseph stuff. No buyers. They took the house off the market.
Now they're trying again. He has dug up the St. Joseph I gave him, and thrown him into the swimming pool. He has buried another St. Joe. Doubled his chances? Double indemnity? One negating the other?
Good luck to y'all.
D/
Anonymous said…
cometioC-Chocolate Moose.
Tastey summertime ice cream treats. My fave is a hot fudge sundae with bananas, whip and nuts. MMMM! Went for the Moose horn last night.

C-Catholic.
I am praying to those saints for you. That house is going to sell-I can feel it. The camera--I am hoping it's like your phone and will turn up.
N
I am having trouble leaving you a comment. Maybe this will work. I love your photographs. My favorite is the butterfly from your prior post. I hope you find your camera and get good pictures of fireworks.
The Unabashed Liberal
Anonymous said…
Maybe at St. Charles? Did you double check the suitcase? We've got to find it.
I'm off for a bike ride. :)
jw
LH said…
Hey dears,
I think the camera's a thing of the past. But who knows? Sometimes things happen. I had that camera for half a decade. thanks for the prayers tho. I'll keep looking.

Nance, Chocolate Moose. Haven't been yet this season. What's up with that? I like the simple soft serve vanilla cone. Delicious.
mm said…
I would like to advise you to get a new camera, so we don't miss any of the cool photos you typically post!
LH said…
I think I'm going to buy one. I'm getting so annoyed that I don't have it. I've been reading reviews. What are your faves, in the compact digital camera dept?
LH said…
I'm thinking about getting a panasonic fh20.
mh said…
You should check in your son's closet for your camera. The reason I say this is that Kevin lost a very expensive pair of binoculars that he needed for his field work. After searching for them for almost 2 years, he finally bought another pair, and then David discovered the old pair in his closet while cleaning his room! I guess my C word must be Closet! HA!

Popular Posts