P



Have you read this article about the Vermont Principal who was removed from her school because in order to get Federal NCLB funds this “failing” school was required to get rid of their principal?  They could have also started a charter but Vermont doesn’t have charter schools.  The gal reminds me of my principal:

Vermont Principal
My Principal
Worked constantly
Started an arts school
Starting an arts school

Working at central admin now.
Still working hard for our school.

  See?  They’re basically the same. 
What’s the message here?  Whatever you do, do not become a principal of a school where poor kids learn.  You might be fired and your heart will feel like it’s broken.  


I'm pretty pleased with the use of the table to compare the two principals.  What do you think?

Comments

cb said…
I am very impressed by the comparison table. How did you do it? The Vermont principal story is sad.

P is for Pomegranates. When I was a kid I loved pomegranate season and ate as many as I could. Sometimes I ate them seed by seed. Other times I rolled the pomegranate around on a hard surface, made a hole or two in the skin of the fruit and drank the juice.
jdoc said…
I am fuming! Your table is the only bright spot here.
dw said…
It is literally impossible to argue against a table. They conclusively prove all points.

It's like turning in a report with a clear plastic binder. Automatic A.
kc said…
The table is fantastic. The NCLB rules are not.

I truly do not understand this madness, and I feel really bad for that principal.
Anonymous said…
P-panic. I tend to start to panic at this point of the summer, thinking about going back to work. So, I try to p-pretend that I feel ok about it and that it will all be just fine. Pretending only goes so far though, but it should work till about August 1, then look out!
NCLB is the pits, but your table wins the prize.
N
Anonymous said…
I was instantly impressed with the table.Awesome.
jw
Gina Marie said…
Your table is thoroughly convincing. I am also very, very angry at this story.
Anonymous said…
Hellooooooo P is for piercing... jeeeez!
LH said…
thanks for all the comments on the table. I do feel it really helped to make the point.


C, I've never understood the pomegranate. I'll revisit.

Nance, When you read my Q entry, you'll see that I am also feeling the panic.

Anon, Yes, Piercing needs to be recognized as well!

Popular Posts