Y



Yukon Cornelius
When I was a kid, our special shows came around just ONCE each year.  Doesn’t that seem strange now?  If you missed your show, you had to wait a freakin' YEAR til you could see it again. Today’s little peeps can watch a favorite show over and over again anywhere anytime.  I think someone should write an academic paper about this phenomenon.  There are probably societal implications in there somewhere.   Anyway, I was obsessed with watching Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer each year.  I loved Hermey the Dentist Elf and Burl Ives as the Snowman and of course Yukon Cornelius.  That blustery miner had a heart of gold.  

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love it! Yukon Cornelious! Rudolf was one of my favorites as well, and we did live for those yearly shows to come around.

Y-yard work. I don't mind yard work in spring, after the long dreary winter I like to be working outside. But at this time of the season, yard work sucks. It's way too hot and my yard doesn't look nice anymore.

Y-yelling. Some people call it yelling. I call it "teacher voice".

And of course, Y-yo-yo. I used to be able to do quite a few tricks on the yo-yo when I was little, and loved it.

N
LH said…
Nance, I never knew about your yo yo expertise. I couldn't do even one trick. I couldn't even get the yoyo to return to my hand. My sister was great of course!
kc said…
This is a crazy phenomenon. The first time we were on vacation with no Tivo and no wireless, it was really hard to explain the reality of the situation to Shef.

This is the penultimate entry for the July challenge! It's been a spectacular month.
Anonymous said…
Waiting for Wizard of Oz each year was such a big deal for all of us. We would talk for days before about how we weren't going to be frightened of the monkeys or the witch. And we always kept a careful eye on my brother, Mike, because he always cried during the movie.
jw
Julie Anna said…
Funny about the W of Oz...I remember being very excited when it showed each year. About 28 years ago, I had a party and some of my older friends had kids so I turned on WofOz for them to watch because it was on tv that night. None of the kids was that interested but all of the adults ended up in front of the tube, watching WofOz because that's what our generation had always done when it came on once a year.

Popular Posts