K


Kay Musical Instrument Company


I was sitting here trying to think of a K entry when #1 Son offered to be guest blogger today.  He dictated this entry to me, about his bass.  
 “Kay is the company that made my bass.  It was built in 1943.  They stopped producing Kay basses in the 60’s.  D’adario strings are on there now, but now I’m ordering Pirastro Obligato strings  These strings are a bit looser and they roll under your fingers better, so they’ll be good for both bowing and jazz.  The Kay bass has a rockabilly sound so people like it for more folk and bluegrass music.  This is a student designed bass so it’s a bit quieter than most, but it still gets a good sound.  Kays are good instruments.”
Thanks, #1 Son!  I love hearing you play the Kay.

Comments

Anonymous said…
what a great guest blogger!
-anonymous fan of Quinn
Anonymous said…
Love that Q is in on the challenge!!!
K-kayak. I have seen many kayaks here in Bar Harbor, but did not take a kayak trip. We have hiked a bunch and plan to see whales tomorrow if the seas are not too rough, my friend!
N
kc said…
I remember when Q had his own blog. I think it was called Q totally rocks??

Great post, as usual. I've said this a million times, but I love this challenge. Today, I was looking up some more about AKR, and I found that on her blog for 7/14 she wrote about going down a really steep waterslide. I wrote about that a few days ago. Weird!
mh said…
Great job Quinn! How about "K" as we use it in texting. I always feel pretty hip when I use "K" texting with my kids!
LH said…
I found out that the anonymous commenter (fan of Q) was actually Q himself. What a little nut.

N, I've never kayaked, my friend. Not sure I'm into it. But maybe I am.

K, I too love this challenge. I love having a little writing community here on the internets.

MH, I too feel great when I use text talk. I know our kids think we're the coolest!
cb said…
Nice job Quinn. I'm impressed with your knowledge.

K is for Kittens that grow into cats that never really let you use the computer without trying to katch that krafty kursor.
LH said…
We love your Kool Kats. One of those kats kept TD and me company when we slept on your pull out.

Popular Posts