L





Learning, Artful

Our school has a new building and a new curriculum starting this fall.  We are the 13th Artful Learning School in the country.  Artful Learning is based on the artistic vision of the composer and director Leonard Bernstein.  Teachers will create thematic units and will begin their unit by introducing their peeps to a masterwork of art. During the unit, peeps will learn through inquiry centers and will use art to demonstrate their understandings of essential concepts.  Next week I will know more because we will have 5 days of professional development about artful learning.  I like art and I like learning, so I am pretty sure it’s going to be a good week. It’s tough to give up a week of my precious summer, but I have high hopes that Artful Learning is going to bring fantastic changes to our school. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know it's going to be totally worth it. It's about time those two met up here in Btown.
jw
Anonymous said…
L-lunch, going out to. Going out to lunch is my favorite summer activity. Since there is hardly ever any time to even eat during the school day, I love spending a leisurely lunch out with friends during my time off.
L-leaving. Tomorrow we leave Acadia and head toward the homestead. Too bad we miss the Obama's-they arrive here tomorrow and are staying in the hotel across from where we've been.
N
KC said…
This sounds really cool. I'm excited for the updates from the week of learning.

Also, N, your comments have been bomb. I think it's time to start a blog.
LH said…
JW, I think you're right. Art and Learning, let's introduce them to one another.

N, I agree with KC. Time for a blog!

KC, I do feel a little nervous about this new project. I've had a weird nervous energy all day.

On a good note, On Radiolab podcast today I heard a great podcast about LIBERATING LARGE LOBSTERS! So many L's!
Anonymous said…
Do you know how much this blogging challenge is getting me through my travels??? The thought of making it to the hotel at night so I can get online keeps me going on the long drives! You bloggers are hilarious! Wine upon my return, please!
N
cb said…
L is for Lee. Say no more.
LH said…
N, Get home asap!

C, I love your L! How could I not???

Popular Posts