W



Writing 
 I was in a writing group for many years, but then our writing group facilitator moved away to Kansas.  A few of us met for awhile in coffee shops, but that fizzled out. I’m glad I met KC and she gave me one week to create a blog.  I love writing on this blog and I love reading the writing of others.
Wellness
Today a friend called from her vacation on the beach.  She had no internet and wanted me to diagnose her husb’s illness which had manifested as itchy red hands and feet.  It didn’t take me long to determine that her husb has dyshidrosis.  He’s going to be fine.
Whims
This weekend we are heading to Chicago.  We have no set plans, but we will wander about according to our whims.  Teendaughter wants to visit the Art Institute and see The Bean.  #1 Son would like to hear some music.  Husbandman wants to have lunch at Frontera Grill.  I’m not sure what I want to do.  Maybe Fiesta del Sol? Shedd Aquarium?  Some shopping? Willis Tower?

Comments

Anonymous said…
W-Wipeout. My kids like to watch this show and laugh whenever people fall, etc during their obstacle run. It looks like it would really hurt, and those contestants must be pretty battered when it's all over. It hurts to watch it.

W-Workout. I much prefer a workout to a wipeout. I like getting my workout done in the morning-it makes me feel good the rest of the day. Plus, in the summer, I can get a nap in in the afternoon!
N
KC said…
I don't remember making you create a blog within a week, but it does sound like something I would do. I can be really bossy. Sorry!!

But, your blog has been a high point in my daily life all these years. So, I'm so happy you're writing right here.
I am glad that you created the July blogging challenge, perhaps on a whim. I just published my blog on Z. I think that I am the second to finish. Even so I would like a gold star.
Thank you for all your encouraging comments.
mm said…
For some reason I am not able to post on The Unabashed Liberal's site (or KC's), but I agree that he deserves at least a gold star. Maybe because his posts are intelligent, and I always agree with them!!

I am also glad that I have been able to read your blog and add it to my daily reading.

This blog challenge has been indeed a challenge! Thanks!!!
Anonymous said…
I'm so glad you toned down your diagnosis to the friend. Usually you discover absolutely horrible diseases when you browse the Internet for a diagnosis.
jw
jdoc said…
I heart your blog, Lee. Really, really a lot.

Popular Posts