O


Obama, President


 I am glad that there are bloggers like UL and sometimes Pronto who provide info about how our Pres falls short too often, but this entry is just a feel good blurb about liking President Obama, just because.  Even though we’ve had our President for awhile now, I still wake up happy each day that I don’t have GB as my president anymore.  Having GB for Pres was really starting to play with my mind. 
To gather info about Pres O., I watched a feel good slideshow of photos of his recent visit to Maine.  The first fam looked like they had a great trip.  They hiked around, and had ice cream.  They took Bo, their sweet dog, with them.  I saw one really cute photo of the Pres shmoozing with a little red headed kid.  Quite darling.  Now Pres O. is back in action, telling the Republicans to extend unemployment bennies.  I think our president deserved some time off and now I hope he can get as much done as he possibly can before the midterm elections come and we’re all totally screwed yet again.  Go for it, President Obama!  Do your best, forget the rest. (That’s what I always say to my kiddos). 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Seems like whenever I start to think of my response to the letter, many people have already written on the same thing! Yeah for Obama!
O-Oliver Winery. When are we going there, my friend? Even in the heat, that place is great--relaxing, shady, breezy and delicious!Let's go!
N
cb said…
Excellent O for Obama entry (which I was also tempted to do), he's faced extraordinary challenges. Not to mention all the historic meaning his presidency holds.

But I digress.

O is for OMG which I try not to use unless it's absolutely warranted. I had an OMG moment last week when the woman who has been cutting my hair for the past, oh, 18 years casually mentioned that she did Paul McCartney's hair before his recent S.F. gig. What!!! We were just discussing the important topic of celebrities who are aging well and there it was. I still cannot believe it.
Anonymous said…
I was happy to see the prez chose the same spot for his vacation as we did.
And yes, we had ice cream.

D/
KC said…
I had lunch with Erin today, and she commented on my Franken bumper sticker. She said he was doing a really good job. I agree. Parroting UL and Pronto, I said I was disappointed in Obama, and she said I was being too harsh. She says she thinks he's doing okay.

I am also grateful that we are no longer under GWB.
Today must be "be kind to President Obama" day. I was chastised by my wife and youngest child tonight that I was not giving President Obama enough credit. So I am about to write a post giving him some credit. I certainly agree that we always need to keep in mind how fortunate we are to have President Obama instead of McCain/Palin.
jdoc said…
I like this a lot. It makes me feel better about my own optimism related to Obama. It's okay to feel good about our president. I think we forget that sometimes.
Anonymous said…
O-dd
I was typing along and a bird was tucked behind the curtain in the window behind the computer. I wonder how long it was there.
jw
Julie Anna said…
I, too, am optimistic about our pres. Everyone is pissed off that his bail-out plan didn't totally turn the economy around and drastically lower unemployment. I think if he had not done the bail-out, we would've been in a worse pickle. But there is no way to prove that he averted disaster. You have to love the people who say he's had 1.5 whole years to turn around the crap that GWB gave us for 8 YEARS, and so why hasn't he fixed it all yet. Bottom line--many people need more brains and less brainwashing.
Anonymous said…
OMG, did you see the haircut? How was it?

O is for Overdue. In that I am overdue for a haircut myself and am starting to do that thing that I hate to do with my short-but-too-long-for-me hair: comb it all back and gel it into submission. Next appointment is still 10 days away. Sigh.

mem in CA

Popular Posts