The School

I don't like the picture being under my words. AT ALL! But that's how it's going to be this time. I hate it, but I have to move on. I have to blog and watch the PR Finale, so that's going to take some focus. Okay, let's see..... literacy. I was with some second grade peeps today that were writing about our new school. Everyone's writing about how great the new school's going to be. The 2nd gr. peeps kept writing about how they were going to join the football team or the basketball team or be a cheerleader! I couldn't really understand how they got these notions because we won't have any of these things at our new school, but we all know how rumors get started. It can often be through literacy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, why is the photo below the words? ;)

Can you tell one anonymous from another?
Anonymous said…
1. I don't like the photo underneath the words, but I love this photo.
2. The article about Kay Ryan doesn't mention her new book. It's titled: The Best of It.
3. Very clever the way you worked literacy into the kids' wild imaginings of their future in the new school.
4. I am going to be without electricity all day Friday. Sigh!
5. Did you watch the reunion after the PR show? The two who lost were definitely poor losers.
D/
Shannon Beth said…
What is PR? Am I missing out on something good?

You should be able to drag and drop the photo from the bottom to the top? Although I've had issues like that before, and just had to try to get over it.
KC said…
I like the imaginings of the kids, too. It's nice that they think the new school will provide so many opportunities.

Here's something about literacy I'm not liking at my school: to get elected to student council, you have to have a teacher fill out a rec for you, and then you make posters and then kids vote for you in homeroom.

There are not speeches or anything, so it's basically just by name.

I feel we could add a few literacy activities into the mix.
dw said…
Hey, LH. Saw your comment asking about the trial. Here's a link to an article about it from our local paper: http://www.startribune.com/business/91876079.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUsr

-pp
LH said…
Anon, Sometimes I can, but this time I can not. Please ID.

D, I did watch the Reunion. And I agree wholeheartedly.

S, PROJECT RUNWAY. Yes, it is something good that you will want to see in future. No doubts.

KC, The student council elections sound pretty lame. Why not just put some pop kids in a ring and let them kick box to the top?

DW, you're for the non profits i'm assuming???

Popular Posts