The Aggravation

I'm in a flipping bad mood right now. I left my laptop in the car that Husbandman took to go play POOL! FLIP! Now I can't download my good fotos and I can't sit in bed reading blogs all evening. Damn it. Whatever. What did I read today? I read a book about ocean mammals with a 3rd grader. Then I read an idiotic book called At the Park with a Kinder who reads like a champ even tho he has a really odd speech impediment. On the good side, I did meet Alexander Bernstein today and he's a very pleasant person. The Artful Learning School model will be good for us next year.
Now, here at home, I'm reading Girl with Dragon Tattoo, but here's the thing. I'm just in the first 40 pages and I don't care a whit about financial fraud that involves corporations and
investors. I wish my education had prepared me better to read this kind of stuff but I can't look to the past. I've got to keep moving forward. Not sure if I'll be moving forward with this book, though. I'll keep youposted.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love the tattoo girl book. I'm starting the sequel tonight. I'm number ten on the list at the MCPL for the movie (Swedish with English subtitles).
My lit group and I had a discussion about tatts and body piercings. One of the "coyotes" in the book had a huge tatt on his chest.
jw
Anonymous said…
Well, everyone who is anybody is reading at least one of the Steig Larsson books. (The third one is due out soon.) A survey was done in airports across the country last week, and these books topped the list of what folks were reading.
But not me. I keep reading the descriptions and the reviews, and just cannot bring myself to even begin reading the books.
Must be something lacking in me.

Where did you take the photo - at yesterday's tea party?

D/
Anonymous said…
Keep reading the book... remember how I said that the first 70 or so pages were hard to get through and then, wham... ou are hooked? I am 100 pages into the 3rd book, which I ordered from Amazon UK. It is not even out here in paperback yet. The second book is better than the first, at least I thought so. I could not put it down. And the Swedish film, which I saw last weekend, was pretty good. Keep going. Don't give up. I mean, CUSS THAT (movie reference.... of course).
Anonymous said…
Um, I meant to say that the 3rd book is not even out in hardback yet - CUSS. Stupid typo...
Anonymous said…
I tried to comment yesterday and the darn comment never got posted. GRRR! Ditto on keep reading the book. After page 100-150 or so you really do want to keep going. You will like it.
N
LH said…
D, I took the picture in April 2009. There was a democracy graffiti exhibit at the showers building.

Popular Posts