The Topic

Today was the big presentation. It went fine. Sadly 3 of my
most fantastic slides didn't save so they were blank. "Drat," I said, with good humor as
I tried to explain the content of the missing slides to all the principals and the superintendent.
It's still bugging me, so many hours later. When I got back to the compound, a second grader asked me to listen to her read, so we went out to the hallway while she read Frindle. Frindle is a truly great book about a group of kids who invent the word frindle, but their teacher doesn't want them to say the word, so it gets more and more popular. Probably all of you know about this book already, and I only read 4 pages of Frindle today, but that's all I've got, basically. I wish I could have read the 3 missing slides, but it just didn't work out.

Comments

KC said…
I hate it when crap like that happens. I'm sure you handled it well, and that people still heard your message.

I've been loving the photos during the challenge, too.
LH said…
I think it really went fine. One principal was hilarious at the end. He said, "Lee, thanks so much for making this powerpoint. You've made it very convenient for me to simply add my name to the first slide and present it to my faculty."
I love that guy.
Anonymous said…
Now that cracks me up. I'm sure they weer so
impressed with the amount of work, time and thought that went into this program you've implemented at your school.
jw

Popular Posts