The Schedule

The clipboard with the schedule on it was carried for hours today. It was written upon and
chatted about and retyped. It spent the whole day with me. I read and discussed it dozens of times. With dozens of people. My "to do" list grew longer and longer as each hour passed and I spent time on the schedule but on nothing else. I think in the end most people liked it. It's hard to make everyone happy about a schedule, but that's what I try to do.

When I got home this evening I was pleased to see that our new netflix flix had arrived. As you undoubtedly know, I just got netflix very recently. I picked up the red envelope and ripped it in half to get at the dvd. That's when I remembered that the red envelope is the container for returning the dvd and that ripping it in half could be called an error. Husbandman was not supportive when I showed him what I had done. When I told him I felt badly about destroying the netflix envelope, he basically said, "Yeah, that's a big problem. Why'd you do that?"

Why can't people support me? Is that asking so much?

Comments

kc said…
Omg, Dan has THE WORST trouble preserving the netflix envelopes. Most recently, he told me a new disc of arrested development arrived. he put it in and we started to watch, but then we realized it was the one we'd just finished. "that explains why the envelope [which i sealed to return] was so difficult to open."
Anonymous said…
Surely you own some Scotch Tape!?

D/
dw said…
i KNOW!!! Those envelopes are REALLY confusing and a lot of people who will go un-named (acey-kay and usbandman-hay) should be nicer when the Netflix envelope is inadvertently destroyed.
Anonymous said…
Okay. A ripped envelope is a problem I can solve. And would happily do so.
jw
Anonymous said…
Oh ye who has the peeps doing great tech presentations, are you familiar with prezi?
I found it via primarypete.
You can google either one of them.

D/
LH said…
I just signed up for it. Looks v. neat.
kc said…
people in my district do prezis. my friend elizabeth has a LOL story about trying to present her first one and the slides zooming across the screen super fast and the kids yelling "STOP IT's MAKING ME SICK."
The next time someone gives you flack, send him/her a link to this blog and tell him/her that you are the photographer. All bets should be off.
LH said…
I'll comment too. First to thank all of you for coming by and Secondly, to get my comment count up.

Popular Posts