The Book

Woohoo, I'm blogging about an actual book! Don't know why blogging about a book should seem better than any of the other texts I've blogged about (schedules, power points or news articles), but I do have some pride about nearly finishing a book. (Maybe I'll blog later about how literacy can be kind of snooty sometimes).
Anyway, I wanted to finish Hunger Games today so I could blog the accomplishment this very day, but I still have about 60 pages. Hunger Games. I wouldn't really call it a Young Adult novel because I know elems that would like it. I know a lot of grown people who would like it as well. I will probably make a podcast about it as soon as I finish it. For now, I'll post some questions I am having about the ending and then maybe I'll podcast the answers.
1. Will Katniss win the game? 2. Will Peeta live? 3. Will something happen to change the ruling class society? 4. What will happen to Gale?
Those are my major questions right now. I thank JW and GPM for recommending this book.

Comments

Anonymous said…
My questions:
Are you planning to read the sequel?
Was Q feeling a little blue today?

D/
LH said…
Will probably not read the sequel.
And Q was feeling fine, but I'm going crazy with all the color buttons on iphoto. As you can see.
Anonymous said…
I recently read The Irresistable Henry House by Lisa Grunwald.
Fascinating. Based on true story. Check it out.
And - if you read Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie: A Flavia de Luce Mystery, the sequel is just as good. I read it this week. The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag.

Happy reading!!
D/
KC said…
I have a bunch of kids who are wild about this book and the sequel. I will request it from the library.
Anonymous said…
Read Kathi Appelt's essay on "Blurring the Lines"
http://www.hungermtn.org/blurring-the-lines/
jw
p.s. I wasn't fond of Sweetness at the Bottom...
I'm dying to get my hands on the sequel to Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
Bill said…
Why is Quinn so green? I'm thinking he's got to cut down on eating vegetables and go back to the steak diet.

Popular Posts