The Taser

Wow! This blogging challenge has started off with a bang. I love this blogging challenge very much so far.
I learned in our local rag that police officers tasered a 10 year old in a nearby town and this incident is being investigated. The police chief said that the taser "is not really meant for ten year olds." That word "really" really makes this quote. It makes me feel that the chief is not really convinced that the taser is really inappropriate for use on children.
I think tasers are a little bit funny and I sometimes pretend my cell phone is a taser and then I thrust it into the neck of Husbandman or one of the offspring while making a buzzing sound.
But really, I would never taser a 10 year old because I know for a fact a taser is not meant to be used on a child.

Comments

kc said…
My family just LOLed heartily at this post.

We don't think that tasering children is funny, but we think that your writing is.
Anonymous said…
Your post really hit the nail on the head. And KC is really right - your writing is really funny.

I'm reading a sneak preview of an unpublished YA SciFi novel.

D/
Anonymous said…
Who belongs to those classy red shoes?

D/
Gina Marie said…
Awesome. I love people it when they interview really terrible talkers... I always thought pro sports coaches at their press conferences were the worst, but I'm adding police chiefs to that list for sure.
LH said…
Thx KC and D. I haven't told too many people outside of the family about my taser simulations.
D... How'd you get a sneak preview? Are you a reviewer?
I don't know who owns the shoes. I have this pic, but I didn't take it.

Welcome Gina! That quote REALLY gave me pause.

Popular Posts