Thursday Creativity Share

This sculpture is in the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO).  It's called piETa.  Artists are Marman and Borins.   We were all wondering what was up with this sculpture and then when I read the name of it, it all clicked.  See how it's a modern rendering of Michelangelo's Pieta.  Neat, right?

I'm a day late with Creativity Share because I spent the day at Word Savvy's Cool School.  I saw kids being creative all day long:  building birdhouses, speaking Japanese, testing lego robots, playing violin, wood working, writing fiction stories and poetry, creating power point slide shows about South America, which they narrated in Spanish, making board games from recycled materials about world issues.  My fave was called World Domination and had 5 dictators for game pieces.  The kids at this school can select various "tutorials" if they want to.  One group watches and discusses Chinese movies each week. Others made a fantastic yearbook.  I saw 2nd graders folding 1,000 paper cranes.  After watching the way they followed a fold, press, pass, repeat pattern with their cranes, I said to a kid, "Wait.  Is this like an assembly line?"
He answered confidently, "No.  It IS an assembly line. Like Henry Ford."
So that's when darling 2nd grade kid walked me through the assembly line of 8 tables and helped me to make an awesome crane.

Too fun.  So that's Thursday Creativity Share on a Friday.  A piETa.  And a crazily creative school.  Hashtag Wow.

Comments

KC said…
Thanks for this great review of my school. I love it a lot
mm said…
It sounds like I should spend a day at KC's school!
Unknown said…
I wish I could have visited this wonderful school as well!
jw
LH said…
It's a damn good school.

jdoc said…
I loved hearing about this school! Keep up the good work, KC.

Popular Posts