The Businesses

OCAD University, Across the Street from our place
Right now I'm on a quest for the best dumplings in Toronto.  I've had the dumplings at Asian Legend and the dumplings at Mother's Dumplings.  Both were out of this world.  Now I must try Dumpling House. Hometown, can someone please start up a dumpling shop?  If you do I'll come there every day.
I had another idea for a business yesterday.  I see a need for a glasses cleaning service.  I could ride around on a segway with a sign on the segway that says, "I'll clean your glasses.  Price = $1.00. Raise your hand if you want me to do this."  When people raise their hands, I stop and clean their glasses.  Then I go on my merry way, riding around town on my segway. I'm wondering about the pricing.  $1.00 seems reasonable, but maybe I should charge more.

Comments

Anonymous said…
One time I was in Florida and some guy was walking around cleaning sunglasses. Sad to say, he didn't charge a dime.
JW
LH said…
Okay, that sounds like some competition there. It's hard to fathom how someone would just give away their goods and services.
KC said…
I would hire you for sure. For $1.00. But a punch card would be best. Like, 7 cleanings for 5 dollars, and I would pay in advance.
LH said…
I am great at cleaning glasses.

Here's the thing about the punch card. Great concept, but since I'll just be roaming around on the segway, I'm not sure if I'll see the people again. But I guess they would keep looking for me since they have the punch card, which could be good. Overall, I like it.
mm said…
I think 75cents sounds more reasonable, but it would be difficult to give change... $1 it is!
LH said…
Excellent point about the change, MM. 1.00 sounds just about perfect. If I were conducting my business up here in Canada, everyone could pay me one loonie.
LH said…
We just had dumplings at Dumpling House. Absolutely awesome. Keep it up, Toronto!

Popular Posts