Thursday Creativity Share: The Sketchbooks

I sketched this battery. It looks kind of long.  Maybe it's a cigarette battery.
The time was yesterday.  The place was a coffeeshop called Red Eye Espresso. Here's what went down:  I determine that someone has left their sketchbook and art supplies behind willy-nilly. What with my infamous jet lag, I'm not sure I have the strength to solve the mystery of the missing artist. Because I'm a good citizen, I stop thinking of my own problems and start searching for clues, high and low.

I don't have to search long. The case is solved quickly when I read a sign on the wall about a Public Sketchbook Project.  The sign encourages us all to use the sketchbook with the slogan, "Don't just sit there. Draw something."

All over this city and other spots in other cities and maybe all over the world, (Heck, I don't know), there are sketchbooks hanging around and people are sketching in them. I'm getting excited about this, my friends.  I'm probably going to set up my home as a place for a public sketchbook project next year.  Husbandman and I welcome you over to doodle any time of day or night.

Thursday Creativity Share:  A cool public art project and a sketch of a battery that looks a little like a cigarette. The creativity continues, even in a foreign land.

Comments

mm said…
I shared the Public Sketchbook Project with one of the art teachers at my school.
KC said…
I like that sketchbook project quite a lot. Really neat. People do the coolest things.

Popular Posts