The Chucklehead

This morning I met the guy who holds the title of friendliest waiter in the world.  Periodically during my breakfast, he stopped by for some brief chats. He suggested some menu items for me and asked me questions about my iPad and my career. He told me about his fifth grade teacher. At one point I made a slightly amusing remark as I'm wont to do and he laughed appreciatively.  "You really have made me chuckle," he said, reaching out and touching my shoulder. "Would you mind if I continue chuckling about your remark throughout the rest of my day?"

He actually asked me that.  I mean, why would I mind?  And what could I do about it in any case?  Overall though, I liked this guy and will probably go back tomorrow for the oatmeal.  He claims it's made from steel cut oats, is a great source of protein, and is filling as well as tasty.


Comments

mar said…
This is one of your many talents, Lee! You can always make me laugh!
Unknown said…
The guy creeps me out. I'm not going to lie.
LH said…
The guy was kind of odd. Not going to lie.

But I think he just lived his life according to the doctrine of Minnesota Nice.

He needs to fine tune how he lives out the doctrine, but he's on the right path.

Popular Posts