Thursday Creativity Share

I'm all over the place this week.  I started carrying a sketchbook, so I'm obsessed with sites about sketchbooks right now.  This one's v. interesting, I think.  I want to buy some fine colored pencils for my sketchbookery.  That could be a goal today.  For all of us.

There are these amazing online magazines out there that are inspiring me maybe to start an online magazine with the 5'ers next year.  I love Oatmeal Magazine (20 something's pal is an editor) and this Carleton Graphic Press (You know Cynthia who reads and comments here regularly?  Her daughter is the editor and a contributing artist).  So in other words, you all have a connection to these publications.

Speaking of creative pals, Sam made this movie about Escuinapa, town of bikes and mangoes, and I want to make a movie like this. He shot it all on his iPhone.  It's fantastic.

I just yesterday learned about this one guy who makes incredible sculptures out of legos and this other guy who makes incredible sculptures out of moveable paper.   What in the world?

This is a hodgepodge, but an incredible hodgepodge none the less.  We've got some fascinating, famous sketchbooks, independent digital publishing, movie about a cool town in Mexico and some oddball sculptures.  Thursday Creativity Share.  It's a wrap.

Comments

mm said…
It's good to read about creativity because I'm not feeling it today.
Anonymous said…
A Wonderful Hodgepodge. Thank you for that.
jw
cb said…
Wow, so many good creative links! I am way behind in my important reading and have been trying to catch up (I hadn't even read the Deadly Sins Carleton Graphic issue!).

Thank you for all the missives from Canada -- a fine country that has produced many creative people, especially writers. Now they have you for a while too!

xoxo
cb
LH said…
Thanks, Friendies.

I saw some great creativity going on in Minneapolis that I'll probably blog about this week.

Popular Posts