Thursday Creativity Share: Art + Words = Artwords


The Weisman Art Museum hosts an annual writing competition. Students from the Creative Writing Department write poems or prose using art from the museum's collection for inspiration. I wish everyone could win, but that's not how it works. The winning submissions are laminated and hanging next to the corresponding pieces.  It was fun to take the poems off their hooks and stand back to look at the art while reading the texts. Here are this year's winners.  I want to do something like this next year with the 5'ers.  The competition is called ArtWords. I thought it was pretty neat.

Let's call it a day for Thursday Creativity Share. Once again, well done.

Comments

mm said…
The Weismann does super cool stuff with writing and art!
LH said…
I was very impressed with the Artword poems displayed about. Makes me wonder wny we don't match poems with paintings all the time It's probably not that hard
Anonymous said…
That sounds awesome. And the 5'ers would love it!
jw
KC said…
I love this idea, too. I'm totally also doing it.

Popular Posts