The Crank

I wandered into the Toronto Public Library this morning.  That place gets a solid 5 on the fist of 5.

I met Husbandman at our dumpling place for lunch.  A woman at a nearby table was flipping out because her order came, but her friend's order didn't.  This happened to us when we ate here a few days ago, but we didn't really care. We just accepted it, because we have our priorities in order.  Cranky Woman scolded the waitress loudly, "This just isn't right. This is not etiquette.  You just don't serve food this way."  I wanted to turn to her and ask, "Do you think you're in Chez Panisse right now? Look around!" The place really is kind of a dive, but the dumplings are so delicious.  CrankyWoman should  give it a rest.  So many people in this world go without dumplings. It's not even funny.  My dumplings were amazing, just like last time. I wonder how many dumpling lunches I'll eat before I don't want to eat dumplings for awhile.  I'll keep you posted.


Comments

KC said…
Omg, this is so flipping rude. Hasn't that lady ever heard of just sharing the one lunch until the other one comes? Hasn't she ever heard of etiquette?
KC said…
p.s. I thought Canadians were nice. Sheesh!
bluebirdwoman said…
At Heathrow catching up on the blog. You've had quite a yeast my friend.
bluebirdwoman said…
Oops. You can see my jet lag. That was year--although yeast makes an interesting alternative
LH said…
KC, She was definitely the exception to the niceness I've encountered all around me. She just couldn't get into the blissful dumpling experience I guess.

Mitz, Can't wait to see you! This year has truly been a dream come true. Glad you're on your way home.
Anonymous said…
Everyone just needs to relax!
jw
LH said…
JW, #Exactly.

Popular Posts