Les Amis Canadiens

We spent some great moments with Les Amis Canadiens (LAC) this weekend, eating incredible food, sharing a plethora of fun stories, and enjoying various beverages, mostly wine.  We took a hike through a forest where we saw a yellow warbler and four garter snakes.  When we got back from the hike, I heard Amie Lia say "Coucou!" upon arriving home, which I later learned is a fun way to say hi. Or maybe peekaboo.  If you want to throw in some french tomorrow, you may want to use this fine term, Coucou!. I took 3 quarters of French in college, but they never taught me about Coucou, which seems weird since it's a pretty basic term.

As I worked to identify the yellow warbler this morning, I came across this site, which really caused me some problems today.  I became obsessed with checking this site every 10 minutes or so.  When I get back to teaching, I'm going to have to keep this site up all day long.  The 5'ers will enjoy it and we'll all be able to pretend that we're outside in nature.

There were many Baltimore Orioles flying through the site today.  They really are lovely and in the northeast, they are a sign of spring.

Comments

mm said…
Are you back at the Artful School?
KC said…
What a great find! I'm putting it up during passing times today, so THANKS.
Unknown said…
I'm putting it up on the circulation computer today. Yay! It's just what I needed to make it through the day.
jw
LH said…
OMG, MM and Portwing posted some awesome web cams this week. LOONCAM . Check out the beautiful mom loon and her babies. Tim's Birdfeeder in Wisconsin ---check out the ORIOLES going crazy at the feeder. I also so a rose breasted grosbeak!!!
SCORE

MM...I'm going back to OLDSCHOOL where I worked for 17 years. Moving on from ArtfulSchool. A new adventure!

Popular Posts