The Lab

Gabor Peterdi
I've been stuck in the computer lab setting up tests for over 2 weeks.  Yesterday I had a few make ups to do, but most of the day I got to head on into classrooms. I'm FREE! I was shouting to anyone who would listen.  The lab situation really brought me down. I talked with my PAL, the principal and we have a new plan for testing in the future.  It's a plan that makes sense and is in line with how all other schools do computer lab testing.  I'm feeling like a new day is coming where no one has to be trapped in the lab for days at a time, clicking in passwords, clicking on icons.  Except the kids of course.  But they're only in there for a short time, compared to me, who was in there for 2 weeks.  I feel a great sense of freedom and relief as you can probably notice.  You see the world a little bit differently after you've been released from a stint of hard time.  Shiny and new.


Comments

Anonymous said…
That's bad to be in a computer lab giving a test. I've finally been released of being in charge of make ups for nwea. For 12 years I was in charge of logging in to the computers for three weeks in the fall and then the spring. I got fairly blue while doing this. And then starting having back issues because you don't sit down while doing this. But as of this year all I do is upload the info at the end of the day. Easy peasy.
Jw
LH said…
OMG, IT killed my back. Glad you brought that up.
KC said…
Sounds terrible. Really awful. Glad it's over.

Popular Posts