S10: The Stars

I think second semester is always a little nicer than first semester.  We're halfway through, and we pretty much know what's what. But I had a bad stretch today, on my first day back. I packed a bag of exercise clothes this morning thinking I could take a little slog at lunch time since today was a work day without kiddos.  Well come to find out, I left my shoes at home.  Can't tell you how much this irked me and got the old soundtrack playing in my head, "You'll never exercise now, blah blah blah."

But come to find out I left school at the end of the day and headed out for the C25K once I got home and found the missing shoes.  As I slogged, I noticed two stars over head. It was pleasant to let go of the constant thoughts and give myself a break and see those first stars.  Thich Nhat Hanh says it best, "People suffer because they are caught in their views. As soon as we release those views, we are free and we don't suffer any more." It took me awhile, but I let go of my views for a very brief time and felt okay.  Tomorrow, kids come back to Artful School.  I can not wait to see them. I'm even kind of looking forward to the lunchroom gig.  Kind of.

Comments

jdoc said…
I am taking the Thich Nhat Hanh quote to heart. I needed that. Thanks!
Anonymous said…
Lunchroom, seriously?
N
mm said…
I am looking forward to lunchroom stories, so I, too, a glad the kids are coming back.
KC said…
I'm super happy the slog worked out. Wonderful wonderful!
Anonymous said…
I love the pics of the kids!! Thanks for sharing those.
jw
Julie Anna said…
way to go on week 5 and keeping at it in the face of adversity (no shoes). I've done that very thing, but I think you have to chalk it up to a busy life rather than a lack of resolve. :)

Popular Posts