S23: The Orchestra

We have tickets to see the Cleveland Orchestra this week, with home town guy Joshua Bell.  Tonight we're seeing a movie called Holy Motors. So that's good, that we are doing stuff and having adventures.  With this post, I'm caught up with the Sankalpa challenge.  One more post tomorrow and stick a fork in it.

I wasn't sure why we were doing this challenge for 24 days but then I read more about 24 days and sankalpa on this page.  I agree with what this writer says about attachment:

"Over-identifying with feelings or things can cut us off to life's bountiful possibilities." 

 I sometimes find it extremely hard to let go of hurt feelings and I've been working on this, over the course of these past 23 days.  My over-identification with negative feelings keeps me from feeling at my tip top emotional health.  So I've been doing my best to let go of unhealthy obsessive thoughts, but please remember, if you're reading this blog, try your very best to never hurt my feelings in the future.  It really gets me going down a long, bad path. And keeps me from life's bountiful possibilities.  Let's all work on this goal together. Win win.

Comments

Sarah Gardner said…
Yay for doing things on the weekend. Phyl and I saw the Silver Linings movie today. Very very good. Also very funny.
mm said…
I would never intentionally hurt your feelings!

BTW- I read your last four posts in one sitting and was surprised (good- Obama and bad- mice) by each photo link... well done!
jdoc said…
I've been enjoying the Sankalpa readings on yours and others' blogs. The philosophy is helping me a bit as I trudge through the writing. Thanks much!
Julie Anna said…
We are going to Cleveland Orchestra as well. Perhaps we'll see you there! Also, dear, I've never knowingly hurt your feelings. if I do in the future, please feel free to point this out and I will self-correct! It has been pointed out that do not have all the social filters one should have between brain and mouth. :)
LH said…
Peeps, I know you would never try to hurt my feelings.
I was joking, kind of. My point was that I'm overly sensitive and I've got to deal with it.

Love you all v. v. much.
KC said…
I am easily hurt, myself. I've been working on it. It's all we can do.

Popular Posts