S12: The DVD

When I woke up today I did a little yoga DVD.  It was difficult to very difficult.  And I was actually sweating, standing in these odd positions.  But the yoga was something to brag about during the work day, so that was to my advantage.

We have 2 music teachers.  I love both of them.  The old music teacher is just one of the best on the planet and I love her very much.  The new music teacher is young and v. dear.  Today I walked up to him in the lunchroom and said, "What's going on with the yoga that you said we might have after school?"  I asked him this because he's our new wellness coordinator.
"Well I think we might have a nutritionist come to talk about weight loss."
"No. I want the yoga," I told him.  "I did a 40 minute yoga DVD this morning, and you said you were organizing yoga."  Then I jabbed him a few time with my finger right in his sternum.
"Well we  may have zumba."
More poking into the sternum. "Look.  Get on the yoga.  That's what I said I wanted when we voted last fall.  Let's get it done."
He's young and kind and smart so he just said, "Okay, I'll look into it."

On another note, here's a pretty good power point about sankalpa.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Did I tell you I signed up at vibes and have been doing hot yoga? Sweating is a must. I feel so good afterwards, but it is tough. Very tough. I am not very good, but they always say the right things to make me feel that we all do what we can and what we are doing is good. Very good.
N
LH said…
You did not tell me this. I suck at yoga, but I kept following along with the dvd. I liked the last 3 minutes, where I got to lay down and think about space in my body and space out of my body.

Plus as I've said above, I liked bragging about doing the DVD to others at work.

But I totally suck at it. I can tell.
Anonymous said…
Love the corpse pose at the end, and happy baby. There's another one too that is my fave, but its name escapes me. I totally suck too, but you and Julie have inspired me to make room for this yoga, and it does feel good. Keep bragging about it, and let me know if they start that yoga class at the view.
N
mm said…
I love that you were direct.

I'm eating lunch and reading blogs, but I can't wait until I have time to look at the slideshow about Sankalpa.
jdoc said…
It took me years to get any good at yoga. I figured I had finally reached some level of fitness when my yoga instructor knew my name after three years in her class. Before that she just called me "hey girl." I'm totally out of yoga shape now, but it's a good memory nonetheless.
LH said…
Great news. The music teacher said we're going to have yoga on whichever day I want to choose. I picked Tuesday.
Anonymous said…
Wise music teacher.
jw
Sarah Gardner said…
I'm for Tuesday yoga =)
LH said…
I'm jazzed, SG!
Unknown said…
OMG! Way to go on getting what you want!! We're having yoga, but I'm not signing up because I'm not sure I want to do it with my colleagues. Plus, I have been running lately, which is nice.
Julie Anna said…
The sankalpa slideshow is awesome! I think you are doing better at this than I am. Yoga is soooo good for you, and no one "sucks" at yoga. Everyone is at some place, moving into some other place. The place I am is a very stiff and inflexible place, but after three or four years of being regular with it i think I might be ever so slightly less inflexible. maybe. But not much. the thing is that it feels so good doing it, and afterwards, and that's the real point.

Popular Posts