S8: The Fire

#1 Son and #1 Dog

First, some good words about Sankalpa:  Sankalpa teaches us that we are both being and becoming.  There is that part of us that doesn’t need anything and a part of us that comes into life with a purpose and that is always becoming. Rod Stryker, founder of ParaYoga says “It’s vital for happiness that you walk both paths simultaneously.  Direct your energy with intention, but be mindful that your nature is unchanged whether you achieve your goals or not. Live as contentedly as possible in between the goal and realizing the goal.”

These are good words for me since I had every intention of going into the work site but ended up building a rip roaring fire in the fireplace, drinking tea, and reading The Round House by Louise Erdrich.  So though I did not achieve my goals, my nature is unchanged.  Today I let go of my nervous pre-work jumpiness and decided to enjoy my day in a quiet house.  I was not productive, but I am a productive person.  So there you have it.  Tralala.

Comments

mm said…
I LOVE this view of sankalpa. In fact, it will probably show up in one or more of my next 16 posts.

Yea you and your "rip roaring fire."
Sarah Gardner said…
I like that a lot. Pre work jumpiness is starting to get to me as I realize school starts in just a couple days and I had a mile long list of things to do over winter break that has hardly been touched. Ah well. It will work out.
KC said…
Fantastic. I am also reading The Round House.

Popular Posts