S6: The Spoon

It seems to me that physical health might be easier to work on than emotional health.  I get turned around and lose focus in the emotions department when work starts rolling.  I like this advice for following the path over here on a site for drug addicts.

Other odds and ends floating through my monkey mind:

Have done a fine job decluttering but getting the stuff over to the Goodwill needs to happen soon. Now I have a massive ton of junk that I want OUT, but I want #1 son to help me with this.  Jury's out on when/if that will happen.

I'm at Runcible Spoon.  Have a project to work on.  I met an editor at NCTE who will read some of my stuff if I get it all together and send it to her, in the hopes that a book proposal might emerge somehow. Have been putting this off and making it too high stakes in my mind.

Upcoming work worries me, but this break has been a miracle for helping me remember the stuff I love about my job.

Loved slogging thru Day 1 of C25K Week 4, but am nervous that I will quit next week when work starts.  I know that sounds lame, but that's how I'm feeling.  Maybe Miscellaneous's group challenge will keep me on track. Who can say?

Husbandman and I both are going to miss having the kiddos around next week.  We love having the quartet back together.  I am remembering that they are adults now and have their own exciting lives out there.  Something to celebrate.

Happy to have some moments here to fool around the internets, all on my own.  I am just doing what Gandhi recommends according to this yoga site:  Renouncing.  Rejoicing.

Comments

mm said…
Try the number I added to my first comment to find the group.

It should be easier than it is...
KC said…
I like to think of a little Julian of Norwich sometimes. "All shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well." God said that to Julian, who was a mystic.

I walked today and PLAYED GOLF! That was a real stretch.

Hope Ros is better.
Sarah Gardner said…
I'm glad you are enjoying your break! I decided to revive my college blog to track my attempt at project 365 - taking a picture every day for a year. I have never been any good at journaling consistently for any length of time, so we'll see how long this actually lasts. =P
jdoc said…
I miss yoga and am going to make it a priority again. Thanks for the reminder.
LH said…
MM, I'm slowly figuring it out. I'm signed up. Just need to find you now. I'll work on that later.

KC, I've been kind of interested in golf. Just on the fringes of my thinking. Ros is better. She just left. Depressed a bit.

Sarah, I have now added you to the blogroll. Can't wait to see your fotos.

Jdoc, I am fooling around with a yoga dvd. Why not?
Jeremy said…
Thanks for the path metaphor.
The Sankalpa center's address is on Ballyboggan Road (which is just funny).
These metaphors are powerful. Someone I know has used "life is your movie" as a metaphor for living so obsessively his nickname has become the Director. "Where's the director filming today?" we often ask.

See you on the trail.
LH said…
Hey JB. I like the life is your movie metaphor. Rolling that one around a bit. Ballyboggan road. That's where I need to get to.

My movie genre would probably be sci fi horror I think.

Popular Posts