S5: The Gender


20 Something told me today about an incident with a Greenpeace worker that made me pretty happy and proud.  She said she was already in a bad mood one day when a Greenpeace worker stopped her and her friend and asked, "Do you 2 want to help the cute cuddly furry animals?"
20 Something asked him, "Is this your approach when you solicit men?"
Greenpeace Guy, "So now I'm the sexist guy?"
20 Something, "Could you answer the question?  Do you use this approach when asking men for donations?"
Greenpeace Guy peevishly answered, "Yes, I do."
20 Something replied, "Just wanted to know." And she and her pal kept on walking.
I asked her if I could blog the story and she said it would be fine.  I love how she stopped sexism in its tracks in this incident.

As for my healthy beginning to the new year, I did something that I wish every person on the planet could do ASAP.  I had a massage today. Haven't had one in eons, and it was extremely delightful and calming. I was going to do some work today, but I let go of my guilt and anxiety about work and relaxed with the fam. Sure there's a little naggy get back to working feeling, but mostly I'm pleased as punch at how this break's going.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The break has been good, hasn't it?
N
KC said…
GREAT, Ros. That girl is an inspiration.
Julie Anna said…
go ros!
LH said…
Yes, Nance. I have loved every minute. But bad news: Poor Rosalyn is sick with a fever. We had to postpone her flight so we hope she can go tomorrow. She has a fun trip planned in L.A. with some friends.

Hi KC and Julie. Ros rocks, imho.
mm said…
Yea! Good for twenty-something.
Anonymous said…
Being sick is NOT good. Staying home for another day of TLC is the right medicine. Hope she feels better fast. I will text you.
N

Popular Posts