Image 16: Squirtle

Our custodian is a hunter man.  I take interest in his sport and like to hear about the killing of deer, turkeys, assorted birds in the duck family.  When I heard he hunts for morel mushrooms, I told him that I would like him to give me some.  He gave me a bag of about 15 morels today and then he told me I had to share them with our bosslady.  So when I went to give half to bosslady, she took about 6 out of the bag and I had this feeling of sadness.  "It looks like I have hardly any morels left now," I told her.  So she said I could have all the morels.  I offered her one, but she said it was kind of a hassle to prepare just one morel, what with the soaking, and the egging, and the frying.  I feel kind of badly about this, but no one has ever given me morels before and I wanted them all for myself.

Comments

Goodwoman said…
Your story makes me laugh. I can't believe you would deny bosslady mushrooms. I suppose you could consider it compensation for hours worked this week!
StreibProjects said…
awww… Squirtle. He was one of my faves.
Kc said…
Great drawing. I think boss lady seems very understanding of your needs here.
mm said…
I'm not sure that I've ever had morel mushrooms... only heard lots about them... good for you.
LH said…
The morels were really good. I actually would have liked to eat many more, so it was good I didn't share.

I'm watching Antique Road Show. I wish I had heirlooms.

Popular Posts