Image 15: Turtle

This turtle took a long time to make.  But I stuck with it and got the job done.  I'm reading Adventures in Cartooning to a second grade class.  Yesterday we learned how to make an elf.  And today we learned how to make a knight.  One little crazy kid worked really hard on his cartoon panels.  He's usually all over the place causing a ruckus.  Before I left the room he held his work up to me and said, "When I look at this, I really feel in my heart that I'm an artist."

I wish I could say that I have this feeling when I look at my turtle, but that's neither here nor there.

Comments

cb said…
I like this little guy. His expression is very turtlish.
LH said…
#1 son felt that he looked a bit "smug." #1 directed me through much of the painting. There were decisions to be made.
Do you have your ipad now?
mm said…
I know I shouldn't, but I enjoy the background as much as the turtle.
LH said…
Thanks mm
KC said…
I like how you've done different colors of green on the turtle. Having done one of my iPad drawings, I can imagine that's really hard.
Judy said…
I did a whole unit with the thirdies using this book. Those guys have written another one that has pages you can xerox and then kids can create their own. And it's a YHB Nominee next year!
jw
dw said…
He looks like a very content turtle, I think.
StreibProjects said…
I think you need to get a pet turtle for your office.
cb said…
Well, turtles should be a little smug -- slow and steady and all that.

No iPad yet. In the meantime, I add this line to the bottom of most of my email messages:

Sent from my iPad2
Goodwoman said…
I wish that turtle could hangout with the other artwork on my desk. He could be Homework Table Turtle!
LH said…
I really love this turtle too. Husbandman really
encourages me to stop using the How To Draw sites, but
as someone who feels an acute inability to draw, I think I need to stick with these sites for awhile. Building up some confidence.

Popular Posts