Image 8: The Office


 #1 son was doing his typical nonsensical talking tonight.

"If I were given some free wishes by a genie,  I'd ask for a barrel of lox, to be really fast at reading, and to be best friends with Del the Funky Homosapien."

I asked him kindly, with genuine interest, "Who's Del the Funky Homosapien?"

 #1 answered, "We've just been over this.  For the love of god."

 Thanks for the kindness, buddy. I really doubt Del the Funky Homosapien would like to be friends with someone who makes snide comments to his mom.

Comments

mm said…
This made me chuckle... thanks.
jdoc said…
Oh, Quinn. We say that to Sam sometimes. Oh, Quinn. Just like that.
StreibProjects said…
ok. rule #1. we don’t bring up recent loses in big games that might upset Henry. for example; the Butler game

rule #2. We definitely, absolutely, without a doubt DO NOT tell the twins that their mom is leaving town without them any earlier than 5 minutes before hand.

get it? got it? good……

and BTW, that was a fun literacy night. Also, the twins went running into the school looking for you. you must be cool or something. :)
LH said…
Literacy night was fun. I'll try to remember #1 rule, but not sure about #2 rule. I'm a sharer.

MM and Jdoc.... that kid!
kc said…
We have a Quinn here, too.

A #1 who recently held his hand up to my face and said, "Mom. You're embarrassing me."

Sigh.
Man, I love that guy.
Anonymous said…
Me too.
jw
dw said…
At least you know what to get him for Christmas this year...

Popular Posts