Image 22: Votto


I am missing the kinders.  I haven't been in their room for awhile, so when they see me in the hallway, they all want to tell me something.  It's hard to respond to each kid but I really try.  Imagine a long line of kiddos walking by, all earnestly screaming out sentences to you as they pass:

Hi Mrs. Dr. H.!
What are you doing here Mrs. Dr. H?
Mrs. Dr. H. I haven't seen you in a long while.
I'm mad at my brother.  He hit me in the head with his shoe!
I wrote a sentence!
I read a book about pancakes!
I have a coat that matches this outfit!  It has roses on it!
I lost 5 teeth in ONE WEEK!
My birthday is in 3 days.
My birthday is on June 25th.  Just like 25 cents!

It's a pretty cool gig, nodding and giving the thumbs up to each kid as they walk by, accepting hugs from a few line jumpers, waving good bye as they walk on down the hallway.  I love those little kinders.  I hope they know that.  They're neat little peeps.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just LOVE that kinder story! I can just see you smiling, nodding, and giving a thumbs up to those kiddies! I love to respond to former students like that when they see me in the hall. I wish I could see you in the hall each day and tell you my news!
N
mm said…
Thanks for sharing their comments... super cute.

BTW- Your image looks like his pix. Well done!
Kc said…
I also like walking the halls and interacting a bit with the bigs. It's especially nice to see the ones that are former students. Let's face it, teaching and literacy work are generally good things to do.
Goodwoman said…
I want your relationship with the Kinders!
Anonymous said…
Of course those little kinder peeps know you love them. And they love you.
You warm the cockles of my heart.

D/
Gina Marie said…
This was such a cute post. Made me wish I worked with kinders - especially loved the kid whose brother hit him with the shoe. We've all been there.

The word verification for this comment is "mesticle." Like testicle with an "M." Fabulous
LH said…
Kinders are so great. I sometimes think of going back to the classroom and teaching kindergarten.

But then I think....hmmmm...all day with the kinders....not sure I have the stamina.

On another score, I just found out that a CincinnatiRed player (not Votto) lives in our town and his kids go to a school here. INTERESTING!

Popular Posts