Image 26: The Daffs

This Monday will go down in infamy as one of the worst Mondays in history.  It was so bad that
when I got home I was earning a capital f for FUNK.  The good news is this:  we went to #1 son's orchestra concert and that cheered me up considerably. #1 son's bass was the best instrument in the entire orchestra.  Another good thing was that 20something daughter called to tell me that her computer has died and she would like everyone on the blogging challenge to know that her computerless state is keeping her from blogging.  She also pointed out that SHE'S COMING HOME IN 19 DAYS!!!!!!

Tomorrow's a new day and I'm going in positive, people.  I sank in to the dark side today, allowed stuff to get to me, took it all personally, sank into despair, glared angrily at the empty half of the glass.  That's over, peeps. I'm not proud of myself. I'm just saying.  I'm going in positive.  Doing my best, forgetting the rest.

On another, unrelated, note:  Here's a Karla Kuskin Poem that merits sharing.


Write about a radish
Too many people write about the moon.
The night is black
The stars are small and high
The clock unwinds its ever-ticking tune
Hills gleam dimly
Distant nighthawks cry.
A radish rises in the waiting sky

Comments

dw said…
Sometimes, I think you (meaning everyone) has to be like, "dude."

Does that make sense? Sometimes it helps me to be like that.

Also, I like daffodils. We have some, but they are right where Shef stands in the yard when I throw him pop flies, so they are not long for this world.

But I'm just like, "dude" about it.
LH said…
Yeah, dude. It makes sense.
Anonymous said…
Good idea to just keep that trip in mind- go there when the job gets to you, and after you "dude" the situation.
N
mm said…
I'm sorry for your "horrible, no good, very bad day."

BTW- I actually used that poem with my 7th graders.
kc said…
I'm going to make "dude" my spring mantra.

There can't be many more Mondays of the year, can there?

Hang in there, lh. xo
Judy said…
I'm so sorry the day was so bad. I love your courage of changing the attitude.
jw
Anonymous said…
Here's hoping Tuesday is/was a really good day.
I saw a short glimpse of the sun.

D/
Goodwoman said…
I think we have to just keep telling ourselves to go in positive each day!
LH said…
I stayed pretty upbeat today, I have to say. And I worked with a bunch of cool little kids.

I love the work we do. LITERACY! It doesn't get much better than that!

Popular Posts