The Reviews

I saw two movies this weekend, so I'll write rambling yet pertinent movie reviews. Movie #1: New Moon. I have not read the Twilight books, so I'm not tethered by preconceived notions about characters or plot. I have to say I've really enjoyed both of these fine films. The first one was better than this new one, but I still enjoyed it. Scenes of the Pacific northwest are beautiful and I personally have been to Forks so I do feel bonded with that place. I'm definitely a Team Edward kind of gal, tho Jacob is very adorable. Too beefed up tho. He looks like an Incredible Hulk and that's not a good look. He should keep his shirt on. I would have liked to have more scenes of Edward and Bella hopping around in the redwood canopy, but maybe they'll do that again in the next movie. I need to sit down with one of these Twilight fanatics and hear what's happening next. I'm v. curious at this point. Okay, on to movie #2. Men Who Stare At Goats. I basically knew nothing about this movie going in. It was hiliarous, but also made a few points about how stupid war is. So, good job, George and Ewan. Well done, both of you. And Jeff Bridges, too. So the bottom line is this: If you want to see these movies, you should.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I need to see Men who stare at goats.
jw
jdoc said…
I've really been wanting to see a movie lately. I should just go.
kc said…
I read Twilight one, and I kind of regretted spending the time; although, it's good for me to have some knowledge of these phenomena.

Popular Posts