The Tree

This day was filled with anxiety. We realized early on that it's not good to wait to buy your tree. It's a whole supply demand marketing kind of thing. Usually we get a Frasier fir, but of course, those are all gone. We're darned lucky to have any tree at all. We went to 3 places and finally the third place had trees. But the selection was POOR because of aforementioned supply/demand/marketing etc. So we got this white pine that has a bare spot, but we turned it to the wall. I am starting to love it. We got 3 new boxes of lights but even Husbandman admitted that we should get more lights which is almost a MIRACLE and he's out buying them right now. I think we had so much anxiety this afternoon about the lack of trees and we both feel so darned fortunate to have this tree that we both want it to be the BEST TREE EVER! Plus my mom and dad and their dynamic dog LUPE are all coming up for a visit and we want them to have the BEST HOLIDAY EVER!!! Phew. Do not ever wait this long to get your tree. That's the bottom line. Don't do it people. DO NOT DO IT!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'll have to drive by and see it.
KC said…
We've done this before, and it is indeed stressful.

I'm glad it worked out okay. It loojs nice in the pic.
Julie Anna said…
I finally talked Andy into going with me to the tree farm. I am always the only one remotely interested in the tree. We spent approximately 10 seconds picking out the tree, and our choice was based on really only two criteria: cost and size, both of which needed to be smallish. It took us longer to get the mud off our shoes than to pick the tree. Then I decorated the tree, sort of. And no one but me has turned the lights on or even looked at the tree. I am in need of far more holiday spirit than is going on in this household.

Popular Posts