The Craft

I saw a great craft idea completed at school site today. You take a clear plastic cup shaped like a frustum. And you invert it. You take a hot pin and make two teeny holes in the base of the frustum. You can string a little string through the holes for hanging. Then you trace the wide part of the frustum on a paper plate, making a base. Then you cut quilt batting in a circle as well, about the same size. So first you have the paper circle. On top of that, you have the quilt batting circle, which simulates snow. Then you place little plastic deer, snow men, and maybe a little plastic tree in the batting and glue them down. Then you glue the frustum onto the little wintry scene. You can glue clear glitter along the top. Do you understand these directions? Can you imagine the sweet wintry scene inside the plastic frustum? Do you think it sounds neat? I was quite taken with this craft project.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Re Craft idea: You're kidding, right?

D/
LH said…
Well, no. I really did like that craft quite a lot.
KC said…
This seems cool, but I don't really understand it that well. Maybe your family can do it, and then post photos.
Anonymous said…
Yes, we would need step-by-step photos for this one.

D/
LH said…
I'm going to try to get some fotos!
Anonymous said…
I get it and can imagine doing it with one child, but an entire classroom of children? No way,man.
jw
Julie Anna said…
I think it sounds like a cute craft, but where oh where do you find the tiny deer and things to put inside? I wanted to do something like this with niecekins but was stymied by the small figurines. We made soap snowballs instead, which was also quite fun, although my mom ate some of the shaved white soap thinking it was coconut (I was also making a coconut cake on
crafting-with-niecekins-day). Humor ensued.

Popular Posts