The Head


Before #1 son's AMAZING jazz concert tonight, Husbandman and I went out for a light repast. Local eatery was packed so Husbandman and I sat at the crowded bar. Right in the midst of our pleasant dining, Teendaughter called and I hopped off the bar stool to take the call outside. In my awkward yet sincere attempt to not disturb others, I clunked this poor eater right upside the head with my hapless elbow. I could have kept walking toward the door, but that seemed really rude, so I patted the guy on the head several times and said, "Geez, I whacked you right on the head. Really sorry about that."
He didn't seem to like that I was apologizing and didn't really make any eye contact with me at all, so I decided to leave him to his meal and move on. I wish he could have seen the humor in the situation, but everybody has to be true to themselves.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the laugh!

D/
kc said…
This is totally something I would do. I think you behaved completely appropriately.
Anonymous said…
Patting on the head is always a good way to apologize.
jw
Anonymous said…
I was so sad not to go hear Quinn play in his concert. I bet it rocked. We could have worn our matching sweatshirts.

Popular Posts