The Luggage

It was fun picking up Mom and Dad and their dynamic dog Lupe from the airport today. I got there a bit early, snagged a latte and sat on a comfy couch watching reunions of happy hugging people. Mom and Dad arrived with Lupe and we happily hugged before heading down to baggage claim. We snagged the bag quickly and headed to the car. About 10 miles away from the airport we decided to find a spot to let Lupe out for a bit. She had been in her little box for several hours. Mom and I opened the trunk, unzipped the bag and began rummaging for the leash. While I squeezed my hand through the clothes, Mom kept making comments like, "What's this towel doing here?" and "Whose coat is this?" I picked up some purple suede boots and said, "Mom, where'd you get these?"
"I don't know," replied Mom, still searching in earnest for the leash. It was at this point that I realized something was probably amiss. Sure enough, the bag tag revealed that we had someone else's bag. Someone named Christine. I called Christine's # and she was as nice as could be. I explained that we had her bag and she timidly asked, "Do you think it would be possible to bring my bag back to the airport?"
"Absolutely, Christine!" I reassured her. "I'll be there in 20 minutes."
If it weren't for Lupe, we would have been hours away before we realized our snafu. Hooray for LUPE!!!!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Now that's funny. Was their bag still circling on the watchmacallit?
jw
Anonymous said…
I bet you wanted those purple boots!
N
Anonymous said…
Eliot was talking about Lupe just today. He/we will have to get over to see that amazing dog, and hear many stories of her adventures. And of course, to see and chat with you! Gosh your mom is a baking machine!!!! Merry jingles to you!
N
Anonymous said…
Where's today's post? I'm dying to read it. No kidding!
jw
KC said…
This is hilarious. I think I love Lupe.
Bill said…
Hello from Seattle, Heffernans. Hope you and Lupe enjoy the wild midwest snowstorm headed your way. We are just heading over for the traditional Christmas Eve cheese fondue at my bro's.

Popular Posts