The Package

Two officers of the law came to our door during dinner. They told Husbandman that a suspicious package had been found in the neighborhood and they were recommending we evacuate our home, "We can't force you to evacuate, but we're recommending that you do so."
"How far away is the package?"
"Your house is on the edge of the people we're notifying."
"I'll take my chances," replied Husbandman and the officers of the law departed.
So far, we're still alive. But if I don't blog tomorrow, it probably means that we should have evacuated.

Comments

Anonymous said…
If they already found the package, why would you need to evacuate? Are they simply "watching" it?
And I wonder if they will return to give you an update.

D/
jdoc said…
Holding my breath for the next post.
Anonymous said…
I watched CNN very carefully this morning. Nothing about your mysterious package.

D/
Teen Daughter said…
ARE YOU THERE MOM?!
LH said…
I'm here!
No big explosions.
No anthrax or nerve gas as far as I can tell.

Had to leave home super early today because I'm on an interview committee for our new school secretary. After that interview, I never stopped moving til now. I've taught addition in first grade, drawn chimney swifts in 3rd grade, had meetings with teachers, and I just made friendly welcoming signs with the K's. (The K's weren't exactly friendly and welcoming, but we managed to get through our book and our signage.)

Popular Posts