The Building

I joined a big group of teachers today to tour our new school. Stairs were put in recently so we got to walk up to classrooms. I have a little office on the 3rd floor. It doesn't have a window, but I instantly felt comfortable in that space. Even though it has no walls as yet, I know it's going to be a cozy inviting spot for literacy adventures.
The teachers were getting pretty intense about choosing classrooms and there was some talk of physical violence about room selection. I was glad to be a literacy partner with no choice whatsoever.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeah...I meant to say I really like the holiday design of the blog.
jw
KC said…
this cracks me up because i am having room drama. as you may remember, i've been assigned to the smallest room in the school. meanwhile, a colleague of mine was really annoyed at me for coming back after a year's leave. she didn't think i should get to come back, even though i am tenured.

so, while i was gone, my room was reassigned to her. that was legit, since I was gone. but now, that same colleague just had a baby in october, and has decided not to come back until next fall.

i feel sort of shortchanged on the room deal since she too is taking a year's leave, and yet she now has a big room.

my room is SO small. ask anyone.
LH said…
thanks jw.

and kc, if I were a teacher i would want the bigger rooms with the double windows. and i would have stress about probably NOT getting them.

but i don't have to have any of those feelings. not having options can be good for me (at times).

Popular Posts