The K

I had a lot of interactions with the K's today. Had to sit in the bathroom with a crying K who wouldn't come out because someone broke down his block house. Then I had to take a rambunctious K to my office for awhile so others could learn. We ended up reading Cat in the Hat together and talking about crows. Turns out his dad ran over a crow with his car once.
At the end of the day, Loudboy K would not help clean up. He had stacked all the empty playdoh cups and he was not about to give them to me. I asked politely a few times before prying them out of his hands.
He clenched his little fists and screamed at me, "You are BAD, Dr. H.!"
"No, I'm not. I'm good," I retorted, jamming germy playdoh into canisters.
The kid stomped off for about 30 seconds and then came back to join me.
"I'm helping now," he said, matter of factly.
"Thanks, pal," I said with encouragement, but the job was pretty much done and I wasn't in the least bit impressed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
OMG, Mom. Do you seriously make them call you Dr. H?

That's so awesome.
LH said…
I don't make them call me that but the teachers all introduced me this way at the beginning of the year and honestly, I've taken the ball and I've run with it.

I was going to blog about my insecurities about using the title , but then I decided to just get over it.

Will you please get home NOW???????????
jdoc said…
I approve of the Dr. title. Run away with it, I say.
kc said…
I like Dr. H. The kids should def call you that. I saw how hard you worked on that diss. You deserve it.

Popular Posts