The Farewell

It was hard to say goodbye to my good parents and their dynamic dog Lupe this evening. I've enjoyed hanging out with them this week. The trip ended almost as it began. A few blocks from the house, Dad started reaching into jacket pockets anxiously. This was fairly unsettling for Lupe who likes to lay down between his neck and the seatback on car rides.
"What's wrong?" I asked him.
"I left my glasses!" he told me.
I swerved the car into return mode while calling Husbandman so he could meet us in the driveway with the glasses. I was feeling like a superheroine when Dad yelled out, "Dagnabit! I'm wearing them!"
So that was cleared up and we headed back the other way to the airport. Bye Parents and Lupe. We miss you already.

Comments

Judy said…
Nice pic of the dog's namesake. :)
Your dad and I would get along great.
mike said…
pic reminds me of that curtain that was stretched across sonoma cnty

Popular Posts