The Voices

Remember that article about zines that Mitz and I wrote last spring? Well, come to find out, it arrived in my mailbox yesterday. It's in a journal for middle school teachers called Voices From the Middle. I asked #1 son if that would be an okay thing to blog about, or if the topic seemed too braggy. He hesitated and then shrugged, "Maybe you could put a sarcastic spin on it." I've been trying hard to figure out how to put a sarcastic spin on this, but it's not coming to me. So I'll leave well enough alone and head to bed. I don't think it's that bad a thing to blog about anyway. We've got to celebrate and sometimes brag about the small pleasures of life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kudos!
Not only should you blog about it, but you should brag about it.
In our profession, getting something published is a big huzzah, and is celebrated. It's not something to be hidden.
It actually goes on our resume.
Props!
kc said…
Great job! I would like to read this article. Pls send me the PDF.
Anonymous said…
Awesome! I'm so happy for you!
judy
Anonymous said…
Brag away, friend! You deserve it for all your efforts and the craziness this job brings!
N
jdoc said…
I, too, would like to read this. I used to get VFTM. Good stuff.
LH said…
thanks friendies.
Anonymous said…
Speaking engagements and publications go on my resume too (even the fairly lame ones like articles written for my company's twice yearly self-published advertainment/marketing newsletter).

Celebrate on being bald, I say.

mem

Popular Posts