Don't waste time talking about it, just do it (if you want to).

Tr: Chaval al ha'zman.  (I really don't think I'm translating this correctly, but the point is if you want to go to Belgium you should).

Bruges has been a treat.  Today I learned about St.Ursula.  We saw many pieces of art about St. Ursula.  She didn't want to marry a pagan king, but she got some pressure to do so, so she said okay, I'll marry the guy, but first I want to visit Rome and take my companions with me.  Her companions were 10,000 women who identified as virgins.  So she went to Rome with her pals and then she went back to Cologne and the Huns killed her and all her companions.  "I wonder why they wanted to kill her and her friends," I wondered. Husbandman responded, "Because they're Huns.  Did you not get that part?"  I don't really think that's a great answer to my query, but maybe he's right.  Another thing I learned about St. Ursula is she's a good saint to invoke when you have a headache.
Can't remember the artist's name, but I'll figure it out.



Comments

Is that her? St. Ursula?
LH said…
No. I'm not sure who that is. I think one of the links has a picture of Ursula. We are heading back to Haifa. Lve you 20 Something
mm said…
I have to admit that I get a little jealous each time I read about a new adventure.

Popular Posts