Sankalpa Day 9

Husbandman headed off to Toronto last night.  I drove him to the train station at one in the morning.  As in 1:00 a.m. Today my groggy demeanor got me to thinking.  You know how human beings tend to run around thinking that they have to make every second count and time is so precious etc.?  What if they pretended instead that they were immortal and time didn't matter because there was just so much of it?  Reverse the whole supply and demand train of thought so to speak.  Imagining my immortality, I declared today to be International Plenty of Time to Waste Day. I read some books and now I'm watching Project Runway Season 12, a series I currently own having purchased it with my own money. It took a lot of courage to blow off my obligations and fritter today away. My sankalpa seems to be working.

Comments

In french class today we worked on a song in which a woman took her husband to the station for him to go on a trip. They were both very sad to be apart. It was the first time they had been separated. In the end, she goes with him. It is not clear if it is in reality or in sprit.
mm said…
If I had to take a loved one to the airport at 1am, I would fritter the remainder of the day as well.
Goodwoman said…
Tomorrow will be my fifth snow day this week. I have had nothing but time to fritter for three weeks and I am here to tell you that I'm pretty sure the world would fall into anarchy if we all walked around pretending that we had unlimited time to do things. I do hope though that you are enjoying taking a day or two to just relax!
KC said…
I approve this activity, in case you were wondering. I have discovered, as you rightly noticed, that you get more accomplished when moving slowly than when moving at a break-neck pace.
Anonymous said…
Yes! yes! Yes! This is the way to go!
JW

Popular Posts